We Offer Relief From Orlando Sleep Apnea
Don’t continue to suffer from sleep apnea in Orlando. At Overmeyer Family Dental, we offer the sleep apnea treatment you need. Using a custom oral appliance, Dr. Overmeyer can help you:Dr. Jessica Talks about sleep apnea Read Transcript
If a patient has sleep apnea, they've either one, been diagnosed, or two, have not been diagnosed. What we usually find with the patients that have been diagnosed with sleep apnea and are treated with a CPAP is that they don't like it. It's a lot on your face, it's heavy, it's noisy, and it's hard to travel with, and a lot of people just don't enjoy it. What we also have as an option that I feel like is more compliant with sleep apnea is an oral appliance that you put in your mouth, and it helps bring your jaw forward. It helps open that airway up to where you can breathe peacefully at night without anything on your face.
The oral appliance that we have is called ZYPPAH. And we like that one a lot just because it has rubber bands instead of ridged holds, so you're able to move your mouth better. It's also designed to where you can keep your lips closed at night so you're not uncomfortable. That's just a great way to treat sleep apnea. And your partner will love you in the end because you're not snoring all the time, tossing and turning, and waking them up as well.
- Sleep better and wake up feeling more rested.
- Feel more alert and focused throughout your day.
- Avoid serious health consequences like diabetes, heart attacks, and strokes.
- Reduce or eliminate bothersome snoring.
It’s time to get better rest! Call us today to schedule your sleep apnea consultation: (407) 871-3143.
Understand Your Sleep Apnea Treatment Options
Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is a breathing disorder that occurs during sleep. The soft tissues in the back of the throat collapse while sleeping, and the airway is obstructed. This causes the sufferer to stop breathing multiple times, often hundreds of times, each night.
Sleep apnea is related to serious conditions like heart disease, heart attacks, and strokes. Left untreated, OSA causes a decrease of oxygen throughout the body and puts unnecessary stress on your health. Seeking treatment is not only important for your quality of life but also for maintaining a healthy body.
Oral appliances offer a fantastic sleep apnea treatment alternative to CPAP therapy. These nonsurgical devices have greater patient satisfaction than CPAP does. They also help stop snoring, which is often a symptom of sleep apnea. Our appliances are detailed below:
- Silent Nite – This custom mandibular advancement device is made from thin plastic. It moves the lower jaw forward and prevents the tongue from obstructing the throat. This movement will effectively decrease or even eliminate snoring.
- TAP 3 Elite – Made from two pieces that snap over your upper and lower teeth, this oral appliance pushes your lower jaw forward slightly to keep your tongue and soft tissues from collapsing into the throat. For optimal comfort, it even allows you to adjust the degree of movement.
- ZYPPAH – This device holds your jaw in the correct place and supports your tongue so that it cannot block your airway. It is perfect for patients with mild to moderate forms of sleep apnea, and we have even had success treating some severe sleep apnea cases with this appliance.
To diagnose sleep apnea, schedule a visit to our office. We can set you up with a home sleep assessment, designed to record the disturbances in your sleep patterns and determine if you are suffering from this condition. Call us today at (407) 871-3143 to make an appointment. Remember to schedule your next regular checkup, too!