What’s Your New Year’s Resolution?
It’s 2016 – happy new year! If you’re like a lot of people who we see at Overmeyer Family Dental you’re probably trying to stick to a new year’s resolution – good luck! If your resolution involves a big life change like finally getting the new look you want or getting in shape we can help you make the right choices.
Our Orlando dental team is able to offer you plenty of ways to perfect your smile and keep it healthy for years to come. Today we want to talk about what we can do to help make your new year’s resolutions successful!
Looking To Perfect Your Smile?
There are a number of cosmetic dental options that we can use to get you the exact look you want. Whether you just need to close a gap between your teeth or want a whole new smile we have something that will work for you!
- Teeth Whitening available at our Orlando dentist office can be done in the comfort of your own home. Imagine just spending a few hours a night for the next couple of weeks getting your teeth as bright as the day they came in. You’ll be thrilled with the level of quality that our professional whitening can deliver!
- Bonding And Veneers are both used to reshape, restore, and beautify the shape of your teeth. If you’ve been looking for a way to get the look of your dreams without the time investment of orthodontics then one of these two solutions is the ideal choice for you!
- Invisalign will get your teeth straightened out in half the time it takes to get a straight smile with braces. Most patients see the results they want in just about a year! The best part is that Invisalign aligners are invisible – no one will be able to notice them at all!
- Six Month Smiles are traditional braces with a twist: they get your smile looking good in only six months! It might be hard to believe, but with treatment designed purely around the cosmetic improvement of your smile we’ll have you looking good in no time at all. If you started now your smile would be transformed by June!
That’s just the tip of the cosmetic dentistry iceberg at our Orlando dentist office. You can have a great new smile that changes your entire life with any number of the treatments we provide. If you want to find out more about our offerings don’t hesitate to call!
Keep Your Resolution, Keep Your Smile
A lot of our patients tell us they have a particular new year’s resolution: to get back in shape! When we hear that it’s a cue to make sure they know about a particular risk to their teeth: exercise! That’s right: the more you work out the higher your tooth decay risks, all because of the way your saliva changes when you exert yourself.
Working out not only makes you generate less saliva, it also makes your saliva far more alkaline on the pH scale. Unfortunately for your teeth, an alkaline change in saliva changes your mouth’s ability to fight the bacteria and acids that cause tooth decay. More exercise equals more alkaline, so don’t push yourself too hard without thinking of your teeth too!
Protecting your teeth from the harm that exercise can cause isn’t too difficult. You just need to be sure you’re following a few basic steps to ensure you counter the problems that come with changes to your mouth during exercise.
- Always brush your teeth twice a day and floss in the evenings. It’s a good idea to also brush before you exercise so that the bacteria, acids, and food particles in your mouth are cleared out.
- Don’t drink sports drinks: they’re loaded with sugar! There’s nothing that can substitute for plain old water when it comes to keeping your mouth clean and your body running properly.
- Make sure you’re seeing us for regular six month exams and cleanings – it’s an essential part of keeping your teeth healthy. We’ll be able to identify problems and treat issues before they become serious, letting you keep your smile healthy while you work on your other resolutions!
Don’t Wait For The Year To Pass You By!
No matter your new year’s resolution, if it’s personal improvement it starts with a smile. Get the care you need right here in Orlando – call Overmeyer Family Dental today!