A lot of patients come to our Orlando office hoping to do something about their smile. In many cases it’s a teeth alignment issue. Let’s be real – not too many people are born with perfect smiles. For a lot of those patients we’ve recommended Invisalign, and they were surprised! They thought Invisalign could only treat simple cosmetic issues.
Invisalign started out as primarily a cosmetic product, but there have been a lot of advances in technology since Invisalign first came onto the dental scene. Now they can do a number of things for different patients – you might even be able to get treatment that you didn’t know was possible!
What Does Invisalign Involve?
Invisalign treatment generally lasts about a year, and involves wearing clear plastic aligners throughout the course of treatment. The aligners slowly move your teeth into the perfect position. By the end of treatment you’ll have the smile you’ve always dreamed of, and all without anyone noticing your orthodontics!
What Kinds Of Cases Can Invisalign Treat?
It’s far more than you would think! Invisalign can quickly reposition one or two crooked teeth, but it can even go further to correct bite problems, crowding, and other serious issues!
- Gapped Teeth: probably the most recognized Invisalign treatment is closing gaps in teeth, which it does incredibly well! Whether it’s just a single gap between your two front teeth or various gaps throughout your mouth Invisalign can close them all!
- Overbite: When your upper teeth grow in front of or over your lower teeth you have an overbite. Invisalign can help scoot those teeth back into the proper position, and even bring the bottom row forward a bit. All in all you’ll have the perfect smile in just about a year of treatment!
- Underbite: the same goes for an underbite, where your lower teeth are naturally in front of your upper ones. While some severe cases of underbite require surgical treatment, there are many that can be treated quickly and easily with Invisalign!
- Crossbite: If your upper and lower teeth don’t line up right, and one is more off to the side than the other, you’re suffering from a crossbite. Like an underbite, some of these cases may require oral surgery. In plenty of other cases it’s just a matter of incorrect tooth growth, which we can fix with Invisalign!
- Overcrowding: sort of the opposite of gapped teeth when you think about it! We can straighten crowded teeth and get them right in line with Invisalign! In some cases overcrowding may require the extraction of several teeth, but this is in extreme crowding situations.
- Open Bite: If you have teeth that simply don’t make a connection with their mates in the opposite row then you have an open bite. We can move those teeth back into position with Invisalign, closing spaces and perfecting your look!
Are You A Good Candidate For Invisalign?
You may be wondering if Invisalign can benefit you, and there’s only one way to truly find out: to make an appointment for an Invisalign consultation at Overmeyer Family Dental! An Invisalign consultation involves a series of X-rays, digital scans, and other imaging techniques to determine your oral health and suitability for treatment.
Once we know you’re a good candidate we can take a digital impression that is used to plan every bit of your treatment. We can actually manipulate the digital model tooth by tooth until we get the exact results you want! That treatment prediction is used to manufacture each of your aligners by finding the appropriate intervals for the movement of each tooth.
The sophisticated computerized planning used to make an Invisalign sequence is amazing. By the end of treatment you’ll be amazed at how picture perfect your smile looks!
Invisalign is ideal for adults and teens, or anyone else who wants to fix their smile without a mouth full of metal. It can be embarrassing and frustrating to wear braces for two years, so why do it when you can wear Invisalign for half the time and none of the visibility?
A Straight Smile Starts With A Call Today!
If you’re ready to find out what Invisalign can do for you all you have to do is pick up the phone and call Overmeyer Family Dental today. We’re ready to help!