My Orlando dental office works with patients every single day who are struggling with crooked teeth. Some of those patients are currently pursuing orthodontic treatments, while others have yet to make a commitment to straighten their smile. One of the biggest demographics looking to improve their smile are adults. A lot of adults did not have access to orthodontics as children — or maybe they saw their teeth shift over time. Whatever the case, there is a solution for adults that is short-term and nearly invisible: Invisalign.
Invisalign is an orthodontic system that uses a series of clear aligners to gradually move teeth into a more appropriate position. Invisalign can be used to treat a number of alignment issues, whether you’re struggling with gapped teeth, crooked teeth, or recessed teeth. You can even have crowns and be a candidate for Invisalign.
A good portion of our patient base is interested in Invisalign, so today I wanted to write a blog that includes five benefits of Invisalign I think every person ought to know.
1. With Invisalign, nothing is fixed to the teeth. The biggest complaint about having traditional braces is always the fixed metal brackets and wires. Invisalign does not use any metal or fixed material. The aligners are made from a clear plastic and are removable. You’ll wear the aligners for about 22 hours a day, only removing them for eating and cleaning. Patents love the freedom of the removable appliances, as it puts the treatment in their hands.
2. Invisalign is virtually invisible. This fact ties into the point above. Metal brackets and wires on your teeth are distracting. There’s no hiding your orthodontic treatment with traditional braces. That’s no problem with Invisalign. Our aligners are made from clear plastic and fit over your teeth. Most patients get use to their aligners without a few days. Patients regularly tell us that even their closest relatives cannot spot the Invisalign trays. This anemenity is ideal for working professionals or adults who want to keep their treatment to themselves.
3. Invisalign has a high patient satisfaction rate. Being a dentist, I’ll admit that it’s difficult to please everyone all the time. No one wants to be told that they need dental work. But Invisalign is a little different. The process is virtually painless. It’s subtle if not almost invisible. And the treatment works quickly. Patients don’t have to fear Invisalign procedure or worry about it hurting, so it’s no wonder why Invisalign has a 96 percent success rating.
4. Invisalign is not a comprehensive orthodontic treatment. This isn’t necessarily a pitfall of Invisalign. The point is that millions of people who have braces are probably candidates for Invisalign. Traditional braces are ideal for fixing severe alignment issues and drastically moving teeth in the mouth. If that doesn’t apply to you but you do have mildly crooked teeth, you might be a candidate for Invisalign.
5. Invisalign takes only about 12 to 18 months. Treatment with traditional braces takes about two years — one year to move the root and another to move the crown. Invisalign works differently than traditional braces and is completed in about half the time. The timeframe for Invisalign depends on your dental issues and how many sets of aligners you need. You’ll change out aligners about once every two weeks until your teeth are alignement perfectly!
These are five things I think everyone should know about Invisalign. We have used Invisalign to treat adults of all ages. The treatment can fit into your budget, and it will certainly fit in with your lifestyle. If you’re ready to hear about solutions for your missing teeth, schedule a consultation with us today by calling (407) 603-3839.